• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

concerned in texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nimuwae

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

We have decided to divorce. My husband is a Marine and will be deploying in Jan. so we will be unlikely to divorce until he returns in Aug 2010. I am currently in school and do not work. He is wanting to change banks and I would not have access to any money.

I do not need much money as I still live at home with my family. I do have one credit card that we both have used and that is my only debt. But, if he changes banks I cannot pay this off. He is getting married pay so I feel I should have access to the money.

Can he do this and if he does what is my recourse?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

We have decided to divorce. My husband is a Marine and will be deploying in Jan. so we will be unlikely to divorce until he returns in Aug 2010. I am currently in school and do not work. He is wanting to change banks and I would not have access to any money.

I do not need much money as I still live at home with my family. I do have one credit card that we both have used and that is my only debt. But, if he changes banks I cannot pay this off. He is getting married pay so I feel I should have access to the money.

Can he do this and if he does what is my recourse?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Contact his senior officer or look for a Marine liason office in your area. He has a legal obligation to support his family and they should be able to help you out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">