• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My own insurance wont cover my claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robert33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I got into an accident with a car who hit and ran and turned out to be uninsured. there was damage to the front bumper and some air conditioning components began to fail. I filed a claim with my own insurance however they only covered the bumper and though they admit the ac is damaged, won't cover the ac work because there are no physical "signs" that this was a direct result of the accident even though the failures, noises and leaks began immediately after the accident.

Is there anything I can do to get them to accept my claim and do I have any other recourse?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Banned_Princess

Unfortunately, and to everybody's surprise, there is no magical way to make an insurance company accept a claim.

You can get the mechanic to tell them it was definitely accident related.

OR you can fix that part of the accident yourself.

I do not know the secrete pass code to get them to accept claim or a portion of a claim, and have them pay whatever, for whatever.

I'm very sorry I don't though.

ecmst12

If you can't find a mechanic who can relate the AC problems to the accident, then it's NOT related and the timing is a coincidence, and you have to pay for it yourself.

Robert33

The problem is the mechanic is on the fence. they say it may or may not have been caused by the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">