• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lemon Law For Condos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ANST

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

Is there a lemon law for condos? Developer used false advertising to sell. Once moved in, realized the quality is not what was advertised. Problems with the building and the Developer keep using the fact that he built as required with the state. I had an inspection after the fact (a year later) being the condo was new. Come to find out the construction is low quality and insulation is barely none. We can hear are neighbors, walking, talking, toilets flushing, phones ringing, garage doors, ect. Also, my water shut off is in the unit below me, which I want to have corrected. A new neighbor that is not very nice. Thanks
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

Is there a lemon law for condos? Developer used false advertising to sell. Once moved in, realized the quality is not what was advertised. Problems with the building and the Developer keep using the fact that he built as required with the state. I had an inspection after the fact (a year later) being the condo was new. Come to find out the construction is low quality and insulation is barely none. We can hear are neighbors, walking, talking, toilets flushing, phones ringing, garage doors, ect. Also, my water shut off is in the unit below me, which I want to have corrected. A new neighbor that is not very nice. Thanks
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Is the unit up to code?
As for the water shut-off...you didn't notice that when you were looking at the place?

ANST

The unit is supposely up to code. The inspector can't be trusted being that I had a gas leak during the first year and had an emergency call to the Gas Company. I was sick for months, thinking it was just me being that it was winter time. I was breathing Gas for at least three four months. I have yet to tend to this issues also. The statue is seven years, I think. I'm grateful to be alive. In regards to the water shut-off, I thought everything was ok in my utility room. I would have never thought this would be an issue until one day someone shut off the water to my unit and two others. The property below was in foreclosure and the bank turned off the wrong valve. Now a nasty neighbor owns it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">