• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about restitution after probation ended 20 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonny5

What is the name of your state (Virginia)?

Hi,

I was convicted of a crime as a juvenile 20 years ago in the state of Va.
I turned 18 years old during my probation and had to switch probation officers because i had just moved to a different city within the state. The first time I saw my new officer he just told me that i didn't have to come back to see him again and i was released. I lucked out I guess because I only had to report to an officer for a few months on what should have been a 3 year term.
The thing is, is that i never paid any of the restitution that I was ordered to by the court. I just realized this and wondered what I should do. I live in another state and I am thinking about visiting VA again. Can I be put in jail after so much time has passed? I did an online search to see if i had any warrants and none came up. What should I do? Can I get in trouble after all these years?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

jonny5

Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean by review the info myself?
I can't seem to locate any types of similar scenarios on the web.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean by review the info myself?
I can't seem to locate any types of similar scenarios on the web.
Jonny, that's a part of his signature block, it wasn't directed to you. But he did note that you've already posted your question, and you should keep all your posts to that one thread.

jonny5

Oh thanks. I thought that i had accidentally locked the previous somehow.

Does anybody know other places online to search for free legal advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">