• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help getting settlement money from an accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KimiLarsen

Okay, my fiance was in a car accident when he was younger, and he was supposed to get 25,000 as a settlement as soon as he turned 18. But, the only person who knows the details about the accident, like which bank has his money, and which judge reviewed his case, is his secondary guardian, which she wont tell him anything about it, and she is not willing to help him get his money. I was wondering what legal action my fiance can take to get his money, without hiring an attorney, because he doesn't have the money to do so.

Does anyone know what we can do to fix this?

Isis1

Okay, my fiance was in a car accident when he was younger, and he was supposed to get 25,000 as a settlement as soon as he turned 18. But, the only person who knows the details about the accident, like which bank has his money, and which judge reviewed his case, is his secondary guardian, which she wont tell him anything about it, and she is not willing to help him get his money. I was wondering what legal action my fiance can take to get his money, without hiring an attorney, because he doesn't have the money to do so.

Does anyone know what we can do to fix this?
how old is your fiance now?

KimiLarsen

My fiance has been 18 since october. So are you saying that we can just go to the court house and look up his files?
We can do that with one of the accidents, but there were two accidents, in different places. One of them is in phoenix, and he doesn't recall which court house he went to. So how can we find his records and figure out which bank is holding his money without knowing which court house it was?

ecmst12

You might be able to search online. There are only so many courts in phoenix.

He could also have a little patience. Perhaps his guardian is worried he'll blow the money on something impulsive instead of using it for college or something important.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">