• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment (everyone's opinion needed)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gotestthisout

Hello!

I'm doing a study for school and I would like your participation. I have below two scenarios and I would like your opinion on both.

First, please read the following (its two text messages from Individual B to Individual A)...

Individual B: Hey, Individual A. Henry gave me your number and mentioned that you might be interested in lunch...if so, please feel free to shoot me a text. I hope all is well.

Individual B: Hey, Individual A. I'm in town for the game...if you're going and if you're not doing anything after and wouldn't mind Frogberry, let me know. I hope all is well.

Second, please read the definition of harassment:

By legal definition, harassment is "the act of tormenting by continued persistent attacks and/or criticism" and is "behavior which is found threatening or disturbing" and "serves no legitimate purpose." In court, "persistent and excessive unwanted behavior or intense annoyance must be proven" to constitute as harassment.

Now, please answer the following two questions:

1. Would you consider the two text messages above harassment?
2. If Individual A DID NOT want to be contacted (and had in fact asked not asked to be contacted) would you consider the above text messages harassment?

Third, what's your qualification (are you a lawyer?)?

Thank you for your time!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">