• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

It's his mom's house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leolove77

Missouri

My future ex husband and I live with my mother and law. My mother n law and I get along great. Recently my husband has asked me to move out. what i want to know is if the house is in her name and she has not asked me to leave do i have to vacate the home?:( Also can he legally put me out knowing that I have no where else to go and will be homeless if this happens?

mistoffolees

Missouri

My future ex husband and I live with my mother and law. My mother n law and I get along great. Recently my husband has asked me to move out. what i want to know is if the house is in her name and she has not asked me to leave do i have to vacate the home?:( Also can he legally put me out knowing that I have no where else to go and will be homeless if this happens?
It is the marital home so he can't put you out. His mother might be able to, although even that is questionable.

However, as soon as he asks the court for temporary possession of the marital home, it will be granted, so it's time for you to start looking for a place to live.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Mother in law would have to evict you. Hubby needs a court order for sole possession. YOU NEED to find a new place to live.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">