• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would not give info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bielbugs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My wife was just in a minor accident in a parking lot. She was parked, looked and saw it was clear and began to back out when a vehicle pulled into that isle and my wife's rear passenger bumper stuck their passenger door. The other person was very rude, verbally abusive, and refused to give any info (he says because it was my wifes fault)

Right after my wife got home and was about to call insurance, the insurance company called us to get her story and then had the adjuster call and try to get an appt set up.

My question is... Is there anything we can and should do about what happened at the scene? Anything else we can do about the situation?

JETX

Is there anything we can and should do about what happened at the scene?
She could have asked the police to respond to document the accident; however, the police are not required to respond on private property.

Anything else we can do about the situation?
Yep. Admit fault to your insurance company and learn to NOT backup when there is a car in the way.

ecmst12

Your wife was 100% at fault. Her insurance will take care of the other party's claim. She doesn't need their info since it was her fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">