• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not holding up to his end of the "bargain"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

he left me

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA. My husband left about 8 weeks ago. He has been paying the bills. There has been no legal separation papers drawn up at this point. We have an appt with a mediator in Jan. My question is, what is my recourse if he decides not to continue pay the bills. We have been married for 23yrs. and have two college ages children who live at home with me. I have noticed over the last few weeks, that money is not being put/transferred into the accounts that need to be, ie.. real estate taxes, house insurance etc.. I work "part time" 35-37 hrs a week. I have been paying all other expenses. Also, I was wondering what an "OP" means in your forum conversations? Thank you for any help.

cyjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA. My husband left about 8 weeks ago. He has been paying the bills. There has been no legal separation papers drawn up at this point. We have an appt with a mediator in Jan. My question is, what is my recourse if he decides not to continue pay the bills. We have been married for 23yrs. and have two college ages children who live at home with me. I have noticed over the last few weeks, that money is not being put/transferred into the accounts that need to be, ie.. real estate taxes, house insurance etc.. I work "part time" 35-37 hrs a week. I have been paying all other expenses. Also, I was wondering what an "OP" means in your forum conversations? Thank you for any help.
OP means Original Poster. The person that started the thread.

Why haven't you filed separation papers?

Just Blue

Are the "college age" adults actually IN school?

Please do not start a new thread for every question regarding your divorce. Keep it to one thread so that the volunteers don't have to search out your posting history.

Last edited:

mistoffolees

You're working full time and college age children can support themselves. You need to become independent.

Meanwhile, if you want the court to do anything, you need to file for legal separation or divorce and ask for temporary orders.

nextwife

37 hours a week IS nearly full time. Are you saying you expect him to pay all the bills? What is your income used for? Have you checked if your employer can increase your hours? Has anything happened to his employment? Are your college age students contributing ANYTHING toward their own room and board?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">