• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noise from hospital roof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vick2069

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Hospital across street from my building installed new A/C or ventilation or generator on roof. I am not sure what is it. But It's make noise,24/7. Getting really annoying after 9 pm. I already called engineering department of hospital, but nothing change. I called 311, and have appointment with EPD to measure noise level.
What can I do next?

ecmst12

If you own your apartment, put in better soundproofing windows. If not, invest in ear plugs or a white-noise machine. Or, move.

racer72

If you own your apartment, put in better soundproofing windows. If not, invest in ear plugs or a white-noise machine. Or, move.
I disagree, especially when there was no noise problem prior to installing new equipment. This isn't a case where the OP moved into a home and the noise problem was already there. You may have to talk to an attorney about the problem, a strongly worded letter may cause the hospital to take action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">