• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

damage to retainer wall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjwebbinnh

NH
My neighbors have been shoveling their snow onto my small yard for years. Consquently, they have "burned" my grass but more importantly have caused my granite retainter wall to almost completely fall due to the weight of the snow. The front concrete retainer wall has a very large crack in it directly below the highest point of the yearly snow pile. The first year was a mild year and if they did this I didn't notice. The second year I noticed them doing this, thought is weird/rude but didn't think it did any damage so no big deal. The third year I started to notice the retainer wall and wasn't sure if it was due to them or not. The fourth year I was sure it was from them and asked them to stop. I took many pictures with a yard stick showing the height of the snow pille, the location of the cracks and I believe I have a "before" photo of how the retainer wall looked before I moved in. I plan on getting several estimates and speaking to them about at least paying for half the cost but want to get my ducks in a row first. Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">