• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to wait?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pandemic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

My husband and I have been living apart since May 09. He is currently overseas attending school. We have decided that we need to divorce. We have lived in Tn since 1997 but due to job loss and bankruptcy and the fact that he doesn't plan on coming back except to visit, I have decided to relocate to Az to be near my family next week. Will I need to go through the Az waiting period before filing for divorce, or can I file here this week and go ahead and move?

Isis1

My husband and I have been living apart since May 09. He is currently overseas attending school. We have decided that we need to divorce. We have lived in Tn since 1997 but due to job loss and bankruptcy and the fact that he doesn't plan on coming back except to visit, I have decided to relocate to Az to be near my family next week. Will I need to go through the Az waiting period before filing for divorce, or can I file here this week and go ahead and move?
are there children involved?

mistoffolees

You can file in TN, but if you're moving to AZ, it's going to be a big inconvenience to go back and forth. If you don't mind the inconvenience, you can file in TN and then move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">