• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ended. police witnessed it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

themm42

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
i was in an auto accident. a driver struck me from behind while i was stopped at a stop light. he struck us at about 30 miles per hour pushing us into the car in front of us. me and my 3 passengers are all suffering from alot of pain. i have severe back pain and some muscle spasms. i am going to my doctor tomorrow. police were on site and witnessed the accident. the other driver recieved a ticket. all insurance companies were notified as well.

do i need a lawyer?
do my passengers need one?
i have heard that the adjusters are going to be agressive and threatening and all sorts of stuff how can i best deal with them.

ecmst12

YOUR insurance will pay for your medical bills. Florida is a no-fault state. You would only be able to claim anything for injury from the other driver's insurance if you have serious and PERMANENT damage from your injuries. Your passengers' insurance will pay their bills as well.

Honestly, in a multiple-vehicle accident, it's always best to use collision coverage if you have it, for your property damage. The other insurance company won't be able to pay anyone for their property damage until ALL the bills for all the cars are received, so they can make sure there is enough money on the policy to cover it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">