• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spouse moved out before the divorce...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pilotbrief

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
My spouse moved out 2 months ago before the divorce, filing papers, or formally agreeing to anything. My question: is she still responsible for any financial obligations as before she moved out? I have an attorney, but I would like some pre-attorney insight to maybe help reduce my rented time with him. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
My spouse moved out 2 months ago before the divorce, filing papers, or formally agreeing to anything. My question: is she still responsible for any financial obligations as before she moved out? I have an attorney, but I would like some pre-attorney insight to maybe help reduce my rented time with him. Thank you in advance!
It depends.

What financial obligations are you talking about? Is there any kind of written agreement? is her name on the loan docs? More details are needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">