• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Storage Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dysan2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
My Son hit a fire hydro and broke the right front axle of the car. He called a towing company and they towed the car to a local repair shop. Next day I went there to get an estimate. They did not have time to get to it until three days later. They called me with a $2500 estimate and asked me to call my insurance. My insurance would not cover it. Arguing with insurance took about a week to make it final that insurance would not pay for it. I went to the repair shop and told them that I have to tow the car to my house. They told me that I have to pay storage fees of $450. No one informed me that such fees are going to apply. The repair shop told that the tow driver should let me know about it. How does a driver from a different company knows what they charge for storage? Why they did not tell me about the fees when I went there to get the estimate? How can I get my car? I try to go to the local court to file for a complain but I have to file under certain code! Any advice? Thank you in advance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
My Son hit a fire hydro and broke the right front axle of the car. He called a towing company and they towed the car to a local repair shop. Next day I went there to get an estimate. They did not have time to get to it until three days later. They called me with a $2500 estimate and asked me to call my insurance. My insurance would not cover it. Arguing with insurance took about a week to make it final that insurance would not pay for it. I went to the repair shop and told them that I have to tow the car to my house. They told me that I have to pay storage fees of $450. No one informed me that such fees are going to apply. The repair shop told that the tow driver should let me know about it. How does a driver from a different company knows what they charge for storage? Why they did not tell me about the fees when I went there to get the estimate? How can I get my car? I try to go to the local court to file for a complain but I have to file under certain code! Any advice? Thank you in advance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
You can pay the shop. Did you think they were going to hold your car on their lot for free...

Ha ha @ you arguing the insurance company, to loose. Why did you include that in your post? thats funny... why were you argueing anyway.. once they said you werent covered, you werent covered. You should have got the car out right then.

ecmst12

If you'd gotten the car repaired there, they would not have charged for storage. They only charged the storage because you left your car there for all that time and did not give them any business. Many shops have very limited space and could have had a paying customer in your spot.

Also, you should have known whether you had the proper coverage on the car to pay for this accident without any arguments.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">