• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to get seperate from my husband....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

delaware2706

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

Hi,

I am an indian. I got married in india. After marriage i came to USA on H4 visa(Dependent Visa). Later on my husband filed Green Card. and through his GC we got EAD (Employement Authorisation Doc). I am working presently on EAD. I want to take Divorce from my husband. He always threaten me saying that he will cancel my EAD and then i would have to go back to india. i do not want to go back india as i have a small 3 yr old kid. My husband also says that he would not let me take the custody of my baby. I dont want anything else from my husband. i just want my baby and a right to stay here in usa and work. there is nobody in india to take care of me. My husband also use to abuse me physically. Please advice me on this. how can i get seperate from him and still maintain my visa status.also how can i get custoday of my kid? Please provide me true advice. based on that i will move forward.....plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mistoffolees

You should really post this on the immigration forum since the main question is how you can stay here.

Once (if) it is determined that you can stay here, the custody question has the same answer as it would have if you were a citizen- what is in the best interest of the child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">