• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probe Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flyingeagle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA. Twenty years ago without us even asking, my Dad gave us a Tiffany Lamp that he had for many years. My older sister was pissed. Dad gave it to us, because at the time my oldest was drinking, and he felt she would break it or sell it. He had issues with her, and how she lived her life. About 15 years ago, she started to clean her act somewhat. She begged him to be the executor of the will. His will was written in 1996. He died a year ago. My sister immediately told me to return the lamp so she can sell it. I said it was a gift, she said no, it was in the will. Two days later the will arrived and there was no mention of the Lamp at all. I tried to call her and tell her the will does not mention the lamp, and she got jewelry etc before he died, so we all got gifts from him. She said, FU, the Lamp is part of the Will, and the Jewelry she got were gifts. She said Dad told the lawyer the lamp is at our house, and would have to be appraised and sold, and the lawyer will testify. She is now threatening to sue us. The lawyer sent us a letter implying this as well. My Dad gave us a gift that has been in our house for 20 years. The will was written after, and the world LAMP does not even appear. Do they really have any grounds for this? If the Lawyer was told about the Lamp, should he not have put it in the Will? Even if Dad said something about the lamp, how can he take back a gift he already gave. The Lamp today is worth perhaps $50,000. When we got it it, perhaps $5,000. Sister got Jewelry and Antiques over the years perhaps not as worth what the Lamp is today.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">