• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

in regards to warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohheysup

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oklahoma.

okay, i have a simple question. i have a warrant for not paying a fine. if i send money to the courts to chip away at it and i pay off the entire fine/penalties, the warrant just vanishes right? or do i need to call them to set something up? also, i am not in oklahoma, i am in oregon. my warrant is visible all over the country, correct? some reliable advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oklahoma.

okay, i have a simple question. i have a warrant for not paying a fine. if i send money to the courts to chip away at it and i pay off the entire fine/penalties, the warrant just vanishes right? or do i need to call them to set something up? also, i am not in oklahoma, i am in oregon. my warrant is visible all over the country, correct? some reliable advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
The warrant will NOT just disappear. The court wants you to show up and stand before them if you have a warrant.

JETX

i have a simple question.
Actually, that is THREE questions....

i have a warrant for not paying a fine. if i send money to the courts to chip away at it and i pay off the entire fine/penalties, the warrant just vanishes right?
No.

or do i need to call them to set something up?
Yes.

also, i am not in oklahoma, i am in oregon. my warrant is visible all over the country, correct?
If/when it is entered into the NCIC... yes.

CdwJava

but if i go to the court they will take me to jail :confused:
It depends on the warrant. It is not unheard of for a person to arrange their surrender, get booked, and either cited into court with an appearance date or arrange for bail before hand.

Unless a COURT buys into your plan, it will do nothing to avoid the arrest warrant.

In most cases, the state does not want to waste time and money with you in jail. So, if you can consult an attorney he might be able to help you arrange a surrender and release.

dave33

A payment plan should have already been established. That way you would already have an idea as to how to "chip away" at your court costs.So, for there to be a warrant, you already set up a plan and than did not pay 0n that.Depending on the amount, the judge may be willing to try again. It does no good in any regard to put a person in jail because of lack of $.

ohheysup

well i never set up a payment plan. the fine in total was $748. i called and asked what would happen if i didn't pay it and she said there would be a 50 dollar penalty along with my license being suspended and a bench warrant being issued.

dave33

Than you need to set up a plan with the court clerk. 1st you need to sign an agreement and than the plan goes into effect. Simply explain you do not have the funds to pay it all off at once and request a plan. These payment plans are popular and they should not give you a hard time.goodluck.

CdwJava

Well, they may have to actually book you on the warrant, first. It is rare that you can actually walk into a court with a warrant and then walk out after simply writing a check or arranging payment. The warrant has to be served on the defendant or a judge has to order it withdrawn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">