• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident no insurance lied on police report (Florida)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

the-carters

What am I to do: auto accident, other driver does not have insurance and lied on police report about having insurance. My wife was in an auto accident (Only the bumper is damaged) and the guy did not have an insurance card but remembered his policy number (Which who does that) so the officer wrote that down. Called his insurance company gave his info and policy number come to find out that account has not been active since 2007. So now we have to pay the deductable to get the car fixed. Our insurance company said one that when the officer pulled up his information on the computer that they would have seen that he did not have insurance and should have hauled him off right there. Our insurance company will not go after him (only the insurance company, which he doesn’t have) and that we have to take him to small claims. Sorry that I’m just rambling on, but what should I do with this situation.

ecmst12

Your insurance company won't go after him? Are you SURE? Why not? Don't they want their money back? They may not GET it, but they will almost always try.

Other then that, you know what to do - pay your deductible and sue him for reimbursement. Let your insurance company worry about whether they want to go after what they paid or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">