• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Lot Rash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shakeyground

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Fl

The plastic bumper scraped another bumper in a parking lot. I left my tel. # on the driver's windshield. She called and informed me immediately that she worked for an insurance company. I said, "Good, may I have your stats so my carrier can contact you, or will you take a money settlement?" Said she'd take some money. Two hundred and fifty dollars would take care of it. Sweet.

My question; the Hold Harmless Agreement I'm going to ask her to sign... ...must it be a super-detailed, written-by-an-attorney form, or just a standard form with one paragraph? I don't want her to come back in three months and claim she has spinal meningitis or something.

Thank You in advance!

ecmst12

I don't know how spinal meningitis would affect you in any way. She wasn't IN the car during the accident so she can't claim injury.

Keep it simple. "I *her name* agree to accept the sum of $250.00 as payment in full for the property damage resulting from the accident on *date, time* at *location*. I agree to release *your name* from any further liability for this incident.

You are not a lawyer, don't try to talk like one. Make sure she gets it notarized and keep it in a safe place until the SOL for property damage in your state expires.

shakeyground

Thank You for the reply. Sounds great to me.

The disease I noted was a satirical attempt at some deadpan humor. Seems the folk's down here - some of them anyway, are always looking for a method to extract all the money they can out of fender benders or anything else they can litigate. My family and I are from the the mid-west, a whole 'nother culture, but after twenty plus years of living in paradice we accept SHTF more often.

Again, thank you, and thanks for your time!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">