• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Med. Exam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pain in neck

In Nebraska ,Ive received a letter telling me I have a Independent Med. Exam set up by the work comp co. are any of these Dr.s honest or should I expect him to do exactly what I think the Ins. co. is paying him to do which is release me back to work before my Dr. wants me to? And does his decision outrank my Dr.s?

[Edited by pain in neck on 03-27-2001 at 02:27 PM]

J

JSingGal

IME

Having just settled a worker's comp appeal here in Oregon where I was subjected to not one, but TWO IME's, it was my said experience that the IME doctors are going to say exactly what the worker's comp carrier wants to hear. After all............who's paying their bill? By my second one I was a little more prepared and went on offense instead of defense. Fortunately I had a really good doctor and he was able to write a report that blew such holes in the IME doc's reports that I hope they are really embarrassed. It is indeed a real education. Best of luck to you! I hope you have a lawyer!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">