• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bounced Paychecks, Unpaid back pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jstickels

I am in Texas, my company is located in Texas but is listed as a Delaware corporation. Myself and three co-workers were told in February that the company was having financial difficulties and we were asked to withhold our paychecks in order to be able to pay some bills, with the understanding we would be allowed to cash those checks at any time. In early March, the company fired its recruiters and gave us paychecks which subsequently bounced. Since then, we have received promises for payment that have not occurred. Also, the company has sinced changed bank accounts, preventing us from ever being able to collect on the insufficient checks written.
There is a lot more involved, including the company's intention to hire new recruiters with plans to also ask them to hold their paychecks, and without any funds with which to pay the future employees.
Honestly, there are two issues which are important to us. The first is to get our money back, the second is to make sure this doesn't happen again.

What actions should we take?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">