• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

survivedit

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon
Hi I have a bit of a complicated unique situation. My mother suffers from untreated mental illness, paranoid schizophrenia/bipolar disorder as well as occasional drug abuse, and my siblings and I spent our entire childhood (as far back as I can remember) moving all around the country with her never staying in one place longer than a couple weeks or at very best a few months when things were good. We would just settle in then she would get a 'feeling' that someone was after us or out to get us in some way. Then that was it we'd have to pack up in leave to another state quickly sometimes in the middle of the night so no one would see us and often leaving most possesions behind. She had divorced my father when I was an infant and may have been hiding from him at first because he had shared custody of us (which I never knew)But after a few years of running she wasn't running from anyone in particular it was everyone. She would change all our names and birthdates nearly every time we moved sometimes registering us in school for the first month, which later I found out she did just to send the papers to my father so he would send child support via western union. Often times when we moved she left behind many unpaid bills, and many broke boyfriends. In that case a complete identity change was in order. She purchased things in many other names sometimes even using my siblings names/ ss number. At one point ( I was about 13) she moved us into an Amish community and from then on we were Amish. She changed our names and told us that we really were Amish all along just had left many years ago. When things weren't working out so well in the Amish community she packed us up and moved to another state and continued to live Amish. She was able to rent a house and continue her way of life, find a boyfriend milk him dry, get a hunch someone was chasing her and vanish. At this point I was a teenager and starting to try to talk her out of moving or ripping people off that we had befriended and on a trip to visit a friend in Oregon (to borrow money from them I found out) we got into an arguement and she left me at a roadside Denny's restaurant. Being 'Amish' uneducated, without a drivers license or any ID/social security#, with just the clothes on my back and penniless. I stayed with the friend on her couch, worked on the local farms and paid her back the $2500 my mother 'borrowed' from her before fleeing, and set about starting my life. I found I needed a social security card and since I didn't have one worked with the SS office for a year to get one but finally did. I then got a driver's lic, a job, & a car that I paid cash for. Then after a few years of living a 'normal' life eventually got married, had a daughter, bought our house. I was contacted by my older brother who had left home when I was 9 or 10. He said my father wanted to meet me and my husband. We met him and he explained when my real birthday was, which name was really mine and that he was my father. I now have a bit of a problem. I have two different identities, two different birthday's. I am needing to renew my current driver's license and have no way of doing so. I would like to get it all straightened out where I am using my true identity but I don't want there to be two. I have a daughter, a husband,a house, car and decent credit. I found out she used my real ss# to buy and not pay for many things so there are issues there also. I don't want be fraudulent like her and have multiple identities. But if I just start using my real name then I am no longer legally my daughter's mother, or married. Also I am afraid that if I go get a driver's license in my real name I'll be arrested for fraud because of already having had an ID in the other name. What can I do? Where can I go for help? How much is it going to cost to get this fixed IF it even can be? I'm just so confused right now I don't even know where to begin to dig myself out of this mess, please help.

Survived It

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">