• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

first car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommajohnson425

i live in Ohio and my dad lives in Indiana. He bought me a car off of an individual and he said all i have to do is sign the title. my mom was going to drive up with my aunt so she could drive the car back but we don't have plates because the title is in Indiana. i need to know about how to get everything legalized so i can get the car here. please help.

Banned_Princess

i live in Ohio and my dad lives in Indiana. He bought me a car off of an individual and he said all i have to do is sign the title. my mom was going to drive up with my aunt so she could drive the car back but we don't have plates because the title is in Indiana. i need to know about how to get everything legalized so i can get the car here. please help.
Have the title mailed to you, so you can get it all legal first, then your mom can bring the plates with her, and drive a legal car back to you.

racer72

Have the title mailed to you, so you can get it all legal first, then your mom can bring the plates with her, and drive a legal car back to you.
Nope, this won't work. Before an out of state vehicle can be licensed in Indiana, the vehicle must be inspect at an Indiana BMV location. Read the part about licensing an out of state vehicle at the URL below.

http://www.in.gov/bmv/4547.htm

Get the vehicle info (year, make, model, VIN) and go to your local BMV office, you can purchase a temporary license for the vehicle. Use this to have the vehicle brought to your state then you can get it titled and a permanent license plate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">