• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal aid in Michigan for Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcf26

I have a major issue. I was served papers for Divorce from my wife who was just convicted of Domestic Assault and has a history of Violence. I am still at the house with our two children and I need to answer this divorce summons. My problem is Monroe Michigan only has one legal Aid office and they will not take me as I am a conflict since she went to them. She is working and has a job and I am on unemployment and make less than she does. I cannot find anyone who can help as to what I can do to retain an Attorney. I am the primary caregiver of the chlildren and I need to keep them here and she is a danger to them and me. Is there anyone who can let me know where and how I can get an attorney pro bono or legal aid somewhere else? All my income now goes to the care of the house and children. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have called all the pro bono and legal aid numbers and they all seem to be a part of the same group. I need to get this taken care of ASAP!

divona2000

...my wife who was just convicted of Domestic Assault and has a history of Violence...I am the primary caregiver of the chlildren and I need to keep them here and she is a danger to them and me...
Is there a restraining order against her?

LdiJ

I have a major issue. I was served papers for Divorce from my wife who was just convicted of Domestic Assault and has a history of Violence. I am still at the house with our two children and I need to answer this divorce summons. My problem is Monroe Michigan only has one legal Aid office and they will not take me as I am a conflict since she went to them. She is working and has a job and I am on unemployment and make less than she does. I cannot find anyone who can help as to what I can do to retain an Attorney. I am the primary caregiver of the chlildren and I need to keep them here and she is a danger to them and me. Is there anyone who can let me know where and how I can get an attorney pro bono or legal aid somewhere else? All my income now goes to the care of the house and children. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have called all the pro bono and legal aid numbers and they all seem to be a part of the same group. I need to get this taken care of ASAP!
If you are unable to borrow money anywhere to hire an attorney, you may have to represent yourself. You would need to learn the local rules and proceedures and submit your own response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">