• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony traffic of stolen property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LillianV

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona and California. What can happen to a first time offender whose crime was driving a truck where someone else has placed stolen property. driver knew property was stolen. Driver has never been in trouble in Arizona but did get caught with small amount of marijuana in CA three years ago for which driver went to prop 36 program and did probation.

CdwJava

What COULD happen? You could go to prison for a few years.

What state have you been charged in? What code section(s) have you been charged with?

LillianV

Arrested in Arizona. The charges are felony traffic of stolen property 1st degree and burglary 3rd degree, unlawful entry. Driver has only lived in Arizona for a few months and got caught up with the wrong people. Could driver possibly get probation back to California? Lost job and apartment because of arrest. No family in Arizona. Driver didn't enter any where but admitted to knowing what was going on. I just want to add, I am the mother and can not afford an attorney. I am praying the public defender can help. Any advice?

Last edited:

CdwJava

If the driver cooperates (i.e. he probably testifies against his companions) he might get lucky and get probation.

I suspect the reason he is charged with burglary is that he conspired with them to transport the goods, apparently knew about the crime, and that could make him a principal to the offense and thus subject to the same penalties as the folks who actually went inside.

LillianV

Thank you CDWJAVA. I really appreciate you taking the time to clarify this situation for me. I wish you continued success in life. And thank you again for responding to my question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">