• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I know who stole my credit card. need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cougarbone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi,
I dont know where to start since this is my very first thread. First i made a stupid mistake. I called somebody through adult section of craigslist and i went to meet her. am married. and that was my first time i did something like that.
This is what happened, I did not have sex with her, But she asked me to remove my dress and keep it in the sofa and she took me to shower. Suddenly she said her son is about to come and she went out while am in the bathroom. I doubted that. Still i couldn't imagine. Suddenly she came back and said her son is coming so i should leave and she can take me in again after 5 mins so she can leave the son to the neighbour.
I didnt' know what to do.. .so i left. Called her after few mins she didn't answer. So i left home.
Two days later my bank called home when i wasn't here and they had a suspect that whether i lost my card. And my wife called me i checked yes, i lost it. There were so many transaction close to $800 has happened on the same day continously exactly the day i met her.
Above all the addresses she used the card is very close to her address(mapquested it). And my bank blocked the card and they said i dont have to worry that they can recover it.
But, i am 100% sure that she stole my card. I called from unknown number to her and scolded... and she first acted like she didnt' know me. Called again and she said she would never do that coz, she earns a lot. Also said she took a picture of me etc etc... so i dont have to call her names...
Now i dont worry that she used since anyways my bank is going to recover. And she might be sick or really poor or whatever. Is there a way my bank could find her out? If they find out who used the card and what if she tells that i came to her house to have sex with her? Is there a way that bank could find out who stole the CC? I called my bank and they said they are investigating it but not 100% sure that they could find out. I am little scared :(
Please ADVICE.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What is it that you are scared about? Scared that she will get into trouble? Do you want her to get into trouble?

dave33

O.K., to start with ,nobody else knows what yout intentions were. I think that is better left not talked about. Also, you are the only one who knows how the card was taken. I think calling and reporting the card lost/stolen is about all you can do. You could of course call the detectives investigating the case, but than you incriminate yourself. Bad idea. So, if it was me in that situation, I would be grateful to be getting the stolen money back w/out all of the facts coming to light. Try and keep this as quiet as possible and collect your check. So, it does not matter if the bank or police discover the identity of the thief. Just make it clear that you want the money back and that is all you are concerned with. I would answer questions (if asked) with extreme caution.I would stick with the "I have no idea" story. goodluck.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
but than you incriminate yourself.
What on Earth are you talking about? What did he do that he has to worry about incriminating himself?????

He is a crime victim but you are blatantly telling him not to do anything about it, without getting more pertinent information.

And why should his intentions best be left unsaid? If he is asking for advice, which he clearly is, then his intentions are certainly relevant.

dave33

Gotcha. I just meant he might not want his family or anyone for that matter to see that he was paying, wifey might not appreciate that. Sounds like o.p. is most concerned about having the origin of the theft discovered. As far as I can tell that seems all the o.p. is truly concerned with. That's why I said basically some things are better left unsaid. But, of course just a simple minded opinion.

cougarbone

think u r rite dave

highwayman,

actually as dave said, i liked to have fun with that lady... who was a prostitute. so if i report to the police or bank that she has stolen, then i will have to explain the whole thing to my wife which is obviously a mess.

at the sametime i can't believe that she tricked me and stolen my card in few seconds. damn :(

so i tried calling local police from private number and tried to log the complaint without disclosing my name. but they weren't ready to take my complaint since i have to disclose my name. i can't do that, coz, i made a mistake even though am a victim.

so as dave said, i think somethings are best left untold. but the thing am worrying is, what if bank finds out who used that card which leading to arrrest her and she might say that i went to her house and i dropped it or some kind of story?

so will my bank has a chance to find out?

Antigone*

If the total loss is less than 1000 the bank is not going to spend any significant amount of time investigating this crime.

I feel sorry for yor wife. She has no idea what dieases you may be bringing home to her - that too is a crime :rolleyes:

cougarbone

I am not..

If the total loss is less than 1000 the bank is not going to spend any significant amount of time investigating this crime.

I feel sorry for yor wife. She has no idea what dieases you may be bringing home to her - that too is a crime :rolleyes:
That said, fyi, i never had sex with her. Not sure if you have read all the posts properly. I am not the guy who go to whores. and it was a total disaster and everyone makes mistakes. I learnt from it. And the amount she spent did not cross 1000 dollars i guess. thanks for your advice. and i care for my wife more than anyone else do... so thank you!

Silverplum

That said, fyi, i never had sex with her. Not sure if you have read all the posts properly. I am not the guy who go to whores. and it was a total disaster and everyone makes mistakes. I learnt from it. And the amount she spent did not cross 1000 dollars i guess. thanks for your advice. and i care for my wife more than anyone else do... so thank you!
:mad: :(
Protestations are worthless. Actions are everything.

And you do NOT "care for" your wife AND go to a prostie. Mutually exclusive actions.

The End.

OP is afraid of incriminating himself for solicitation.

OP do you have any idea how your wife would feel if she knew you went to a prostitute? It doesn't make a bit of difference what you did or didn't do with her. Yeah, she'd be angry, but at the end of the day, she'd be hurt.

Keep in mind than many prostitutes are also con artists. This one saw you coming from a mile away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">