• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summary offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackie400

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Three years ago I had a family fight at Xmas which resulted that i wanted
to file charges against my father in law who was drunk and my sister in law
who started yelling because I have kids and she couldnt have them etc....

I wanted to file a summary charge and my husband talked me out of it
because it was his family. They ended up filing harassment against
me because i wrote them a letter asking them how they could be
so rude and drunk in front of my three little boys. I didnt know it but
my husband took the summary offense and pleaded guilty and signed
my name and now i am having problems getting a job with background
checks. My Pa state police check shows no record so i may volunteer
at my church so how come its coming up on other background checks. Cant
my husband be in trouble for forging my name? Please help. Trying to find
job in healthcare. Medical assistantWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Three years ago I had a family fight at Xmas which resulted that i wanted
to file charges against my father in law who was drunk and my sister in law
who started yelling because I have kids and she couldnt have them etc....

I wanted to file a summary charge and my husband talked me out of it
because it was his family. They ended up filing harassment against
me because i wrote them a letter asking them how they could be
so rude and drunk in front of my three little boys. I didnt know it but
my husband took the summary offense and pleaded guilty and signed
my name and now i am having problems getting a job with background
checks.
My Pa state police check shows no record so i may volunteer
at my church so how come its coming up on other background checks. Cant
my husband be in trouble for forging my name? Please help. Trying to find
job in healthcare. Medical assistantWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
This isn't possible. Please be truthful or we can't help you.

jackie400

I am telling the truth

What about this dont you believe. I happen to go online to check a magistrate site to see if my two traffic citations (parking tickets) were still listed and saw that i was guilty of a summary offense. My husband told me then that when it came in the mail that he signed my name and sent it in as guilty. There are two boxes you can check and he checked the guilty one and sent it in. That is the whole truth. Look at the summary offense citations and you will see it. Either you check not guilty and request a hearing or guilty by plea and pay a $300.00 fine. Thats the whole truth. I need help please! They are doing a background check for a very prestigious hospital and even though my state police check came back no record i heard other background checks can reveal this.. Help, i really am not lying.

dave33

Well, if this was a ticket situation than I would not worry to much. I am not sure about your state, but if this was a ticket and required no court appearance than it should not show up as a criminal situation (misdemeanor, felony). It would have been next to impossible for him to forge your name in court. So I cannot see this as being a problem.Anyway, if this turns out to be a criminal situation and you want to press charges against your husband than you would have to go to the police station and file a formal complaint.

jackie400

Dave thank you

Dave, I was online under:" is summary offense an arrest?" on a cop site and all these cops said it was in the state of pa. They said even though its like a traffic ticket it comes up on a back ground check and i dont know how, if the pa state police check came back no record. I went on at least ten sites and they all say a summary offense is a criminal offense. You are right, i didnt have to appear just plea and yes some day soon i am going to get my husband in trouble for doing this. There is a girl in this small town we moved to for my husbands job and she works at fraternal order of police and i guess she looked me up and saw this information and has told everyone and has embarrassed me and my three young boys. Is this something i can get expunged? Should i see a lawyer? Or call the magistrate and see if this shows up on a background check? thanks so much dave i need all the help i can get

dave33

I would certainly retain counsel, just to many unknowns. Also, you wouldn't want to inadvertently make things worse for yourself. If it is determined that your signature was forged than I would certainly expect that it can be expunged. Do not forget, even if you get everything you want you will still end up with an unresolved ticket. One other thing you might want to think about. That is not whether or not it is an arrest, but rather a criminal conviction. The only way to know what comes up after running your name, is to do just that. Some states have a free webcite.goodluck.

jackie400

Does anyone else have advice?

Does anyone else know anything about a summary offense? Is it a criminal conviction. A fine was paid by my husband, i didnt have to be present (i would have fought it if he didnt hide the citation from me). I sent a simple letter and email to my sister in laws pastor about the family fight we had on xmas**************..(could elaborate if needed)- My PA state police record said No record. But you can pull up magistrate sites and see the summary offense. Does anyone think this comes up on background searches for work? My husband signed the citation and plead me guilty without me knowing. (just to get it over with, he said) How do i do a check myself to see what comes up? thanks anyone who can help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">