• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AVIS rental car charged 1060 dollars!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kirankksimon

My state is NewYork

Hi,

I rented a car for a day from AVIS (Syracuse airport) on 25th of November to travel to JFK airport(drop off there) and on the middle of my travel i met with an accident. The cops cops called a towing company and the car was towed. I called up the AVIS rental car and they asked me to call their emergency road services. I called them up and reported the accident and told them the location of the damaged car. They arranged a different vehicle for me to travel, but i met a couple of my friends and i canceled the car arranged. I was asked to fill up a form which was supposed to be filled when in an accident. I filled it up, reached JFK gave the form and told the story to the AVIS rental services people. They told me that i would be contacted back.

After a week i got a call from the company(car loss prevention department) asking why i haven't returned the car. So i had to tell the whole story again and was told i would be contacted back. After a week i called them up as there wasnt any updates from them. They said that they got the car back and the next day they took 1060 dollars from my credit card and i wasnt informed about this. I called up the Syracuse AVIS and they told the bill was for a WEEKS rental plus the towing charge. I was really surprised why they had charged me for a week. I asked them and they told i have to talk to the JFK AVIS as they are supposed to close my rental agreement. My insurance agent called them and said that they gave her another number to call. I am a student and i was having the exams and i couldnt follow it up further. I called up my credit card company and told them i want to dispute the charge. Am I supposed to do anything else on this.

I was wondering whether this is a strong case or not? I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Kiran

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">