• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of Judge's Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dochon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
At temporary custory hearing, my ex and I were ordered to keep our dating partner(s) away from our minor children. My ex continues to allow my children to be closely involved with his gal-pals. What can I do?

JETX

At temporary custory hearing, my ex and I were ordered to keep our dating partner(s) away from our minor children. My ex continues to allow my children to be closely involved with his gal-pals. What can I do?
Nothing. If such an obscure order actually says to "keep them away", it is likely unenforceable.
However, if you want to spend a couple hundred (or thousand) dollars playing your game, you can ask your attorney to request a show cause hearing and you can whine to the court about your jealousy.

mistoffolees

Nothing. If such an obscure order actually says to "keep them away", it is likely unenforceable.
However, if you want to spend a couple hundred (or thousand) dollars playing your game, you can ask your attorney to request a show cause hearing and you can whine to the court about your jealousy.
I think that's a little harsh.

If the order says that dating partners are to be kept away and he regularly has women around for dinner all the time and/or spending the night, the judge might very well get pi$$ed for a blatant violation of the court order. Remember, you're talking about Texas where there's still a level of 'I'm the judge and if I say you need to bend over and kiss my butt, you'll do it' in that state.

My order (Oklahoma) says that I can't have non-family members as overnight guests. If I had chosen to fight that, the judge would probably not have ordered it. But since we both agreed to it, it became a court order and if I were to violate it right away, the judge could easily find me in contempt (although that weakens as time goes on).

Having said that, I'm pretty much with you - unless there's a SERIOUS problem, I'd be inclined to ignore it. If the nature of the contact is a problem in and of itself, I'd deal with THAT rather than simply the fact that there's a woman around. For example, if it's a different woman every night spending the night when the kids are there, OP could argue that he's not providing a good moral example for the kids (it's TX, remember). If these women are doing drugs or the ex and the women are blind drunk, it creates a safety issue for the kids. In cases like that, deal with the issue, not simply the fact that there's a new woman in his life (and I'm not suggesting that any of those things occurred in this case).

Because OP is upset ex is violating an order doesn't mean she is jealous. It may mean she is concerned with a revolving door of women and her children being exposed to that. The stipulation was either agreed upon or ordered, so the reasons for her wanting to enforce are not the point...it IS an order; the judge obviously saw the merit in making such an order.

moburkes

Because OP is upset ex is violating an order doesn't mean she is jealous. It may mean she is concerned with a revolving door of women and her children being exposed to that. The stipulation was either agreed upon or ordered, so the reasons for her wanting to enforce are not the point...it IS an order; the judge obviously saw the merit in making such an order.
How old are the kids? How many women? Are you able to answer these questions? What is a "dating partner"? How is a "dating partner" determined? Is every non-related woman a "dating partner"? How do you know what was agreed or ordered?

moburkes

Dochon[/QUOTE] You need ammunition for this? Once you're no longer married (and, unfortunately for some who still are married) you cannot impose your morals on your ex. You still haven't provided enough information, even, to determine if a violation has occurred. Yet you have such a smart mouth for people who could help you, if you allowed them to.

Last edited by a moderator:

dochon

PLEASE READ AND COMPREHEND! Geesh...Wow

People:

I realize you are anxious, maybe, to draw your guns...but PLEASE read what the post says...take the time to digest what was written and give it some thought if you're able to...it's sad that I've posted VIOLATION -JUDGE ordered, yet some are still replying with what I should or should not not in terms of my jealousy and imposing moral values! My question is as simple as looking at a red circle and realizing it's a red circle!

It's simple folks...if you want to help you can; you will! If you want to show what you pride yourselves on knowing only; you won't - you will only continue to sound off as idiots!

Last edited:

moburkes

People:

I realize you are anxious, maybe, to draw your guns...but PLEASE read what the post says...take the time to digest what was written and give it some thought if you're able to...it's sad that I've posted VIOLATION -JUDGE ordered, yet some are still replying with what I should or should not not in terms of my jealousy and imposing moral values! My question is as simple as looking at a red circle and realizing it's a red circle!

It's simple folks...if you want to help you can; you will! If you want to show what you pride yourselves on knowing only; you won't - you will only continue to sound off as idiots!
Let me help you. If the order specifically states "dating partner" and he's allowing your children around "gal-pals" then he hasn't violated any order, because gal-pals and dating partners aren't the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">