• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

19, possession of fake ID in Iowa, charged in Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kate12345

I have a letter from Illinois stating my drivers license will be suspended for 1 year. 2 months ago i was approached by a police officer in the street (in Iowa) and asked for an ID. I was very drunk and gave him 2 fake id's then my real ID. He kept the fake ID's, wrote down my real information, gave me my real ID back then let me leave with the friends I was with. I was told this story by my friends because I don't remember. I was not given a ticket at the time and I was not arrested. I am having a hearing to try to get my license un-suspended or if that doesn't work to get a permit for work. What should I expect at my hearing, will the police officers be present and should I contact my attorney?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

It's unlikely that the Iowa cop is going to be asked to show for your Illinois administrative hearing. Unless you have some compelling evidence that you did not possess fake ID's, you don't have much of a chance. They will have been forwarded the fake ID's (that's what kicked off the hearing to begin with).

You can ask for a restricted driving permit and that will generally be accepted since there was no DUI or underage drinking conviction involved (or did you leave that part out?).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">