• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stalking/Impersination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harleydog1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico
I have a woman posting online searches for information on herself and her kids under my name and makind up e-mail addresses with my name in them. She has sent me an e-mail on my space stating that she knows where I live. She has also made comments about me on one of my friends myspace page. I had to cancel the account because she kept trying to find out more information about me. I have never met or spoken to this person. What can I do to keep her from using my name in her search and to prevent her from sending herself threats in my name?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
She has also made comments about me on one of my friends myspace page.
How did she do that? As far as I know you have to be someone's "friend" in order to post anything on their page. So is she a friend of a friend of yours? She must know you somehow, she just didn't pick your name out of thin air.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">