• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

freedom of speech????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wskclown

is the follow illegal besides maybe herassment
PEOPLE LIKE YOU NEED TO DIE WHAT THE **** WOW I HOPE YOU SHOT YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF ****

Some Random Guy

PEOPLE LIKE YOU NEED TO DIE WHAT THE **** WOW I HOPE YOU SHOT YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF ****
The first part sounds like a threat, but in the context of the whole piece, it appears to be an encouragement for suicide or a prayer for stupidity resulting in accidental death.

A single comment like this in the context of a large conversation does not appear to be harassment in general terms, but each state has its own laws on harassment. That's why the question that you deleted was "what is the name of your state?"

And when you answer that question, tell us whether this was a single comment or if it was part of a conversation or monologue containing other similar comments.

United States Code Title 18 Subsection 1514(c)1. Harassment is defined as "a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such a person and serves no legitimate purpose

CdwJava

It would not likely be a crime in my state (CA). But, without context (and a specific state) it is very difficult to ascertain if it is a crime of some kind. For instance, if sent by e-mail or phone it COULD be a misdemeanor under the right circumstances.

racer72

Where you say it matters too. On a street corner, fine. On private property, you can be told to shut up and leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">