• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

5 charges, how much time???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JoshAndKatie

Hey. My fiance just got arrested Saturday. When he was arrested he had 2 charges against him, but when i went to the jail today they had added 3 more charges and increased his bail from $27,000 to $69,000. His charges are... Felony Theft by Taking; Misdemeanor Theft by Taking; Financial Transaction Fraud; Robbery; and Posession of Heroin.
I am just wondering, with this many charges against him, how much time is he looking at. Also, since he is a first offender, is there anyway of getting out of this, or at least dropping some of the charges? By the way, we live in Georgia..in case there are different laws here.
I am just worried sick that he is in that and the fact that I might not see him for a very long time. I need as much help and advice on this as possible. I need to know ways of how I can help him!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Those are serious charges. Plea bargaining is common in order to expedite the adjudication process, but to what extent might depend on his past criminal record.

No one here can begin to speculate on the final outcome. His attorney can give him a much better idea of what he kind of realistic penalties he is facing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">