• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about hitting a parked car-- CT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dozer The Dog

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

Someone hit my car today in a private parking lot. I was not there. It was parked in the lot.

Who is at fault for hitting the car? Me for parking it? Or the driver for hitting it. I was not in the car at the it was hit. But they are claiming that because the car was not completely in a marked spot (but the car was completely out of the way of other cars) that it was my fault that someone hit my parked car. They obviously didn't see it -- as they hit it hard.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

Someone hit my car today in a private parking lot. I was not there. It was parked in the lot.

Who is at fault for hitting the car? Me for parking it? Or the driver for hitting it. I was not in the car at the it was hit. But they are claiming that because the car was not completely in a marked spot (but the car was completely out of the way of other cars) that it was my fault that someone hit my parked car. They obviously didn't see it -- as they hit it hard.
Depends on EXACTLY how your car was parked. For example, if it was parked IN the roadway without lights or warnings, then you COULD be liable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">