• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kzee-1017

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

My mother just passed away she bought a living will but I don't know if she filled it out or where to find it . She didn't own any property she has a car loan and credit card debt .. Nothing of real value and now her boyfriend thinks that all her personal items should go to him . He knows she wanted me to be the executor of her estate but I am thinking he might not let me take out any of my moms things , as she has lived with him for 13+ years .

I need help.. I can't afford to fight in court for what she wanted to leave me and my sisters and other family and friends..

Thanks kzee-1017

Last edited:

Dandy Don

What is her personal property worth? Her boyfriend has no legal standing. Go in and take whatever you want and let him have what his left. There is no need to do probate since she has no assets of value that need to be probated.

nextwife

What is her personal property worth? Her boyfriend has no legal standing. Go in and take whatever you want and let him have what his left. There is no need to do probate since she has no assets of value that need to be probated.
I disagree with the above advice! They LIVED TOGETHER 13 years! Son cannot just go cherry picking through boyfriend's home and stuff, taking "whatever he wants". They can't just waltz into BFs HOME and start carting off his stuff.

Household items that Mom did not bring TO the relationship may belong to she AND BF jointly (as to personal property). Furnishings, appliances etc could have been copurchased/. BF cannot be excluded from the process. Mom's kids may not know what mom purchased and what BF purchased and what is owned by whom.

How is the car titled?

In whose name is the vehicle loan? Are there OTHER siblings who may also have rights to MOm's seperate property?

Last edited:

kzee-1017

Car

Car is in her name and no I don't know all of what he may or may not of helped pay for but that could be a mute point I found out today that she was still married to someone so I am to understand he would get it .??
Not sure if thats any better than the boyfriend tho .. She left him for a reason...
Now the hospital is calling wanting money cuz of some insurance snafu ..
And she has left 3 girls to fight for what she wanted to happen to her things ..
I honestly don't think he helped her pay for any of the things she brought into the house as she was an avid thrift store shopper. And the husband was a drunk and stole from her before she packed up and moved away from him.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">