• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Claim Battle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CSU715

A GEICO insured driver who ran a stop sign and hit me on my driver’s front side in OHIO. The police cited the GEICO driver for failure to yield the right of way and hitting my 2002 Honda Civic LX. GEICO says I'm 20% at fault because I didn't move out of the way. (There were two lanes, but I was not going to cut off another driver or go into the grass and hit kids at a park. I stayed in my lane and hit the brakes.) State Farm handled my claim and my car was sent to two different Select Service shops. The card had five alignments. The car’s steering still goes to the right. State Farm says there is no diminished vale on a car that old. I refuse to close the claim and I feel like I should be able to get a DV claim and have my car fixed to its previous states. I would like to know if State Farm acted on bad faith. Secondly, can I take my car to a non-select service shop to get my car to function normal (not rattle or verve off to the right) unless there is something wrong with the frame, shouldn’t that be fixed? Finally, can I collect a DV claim? Also I was told to not use peoples names so the company represents the peoples names on either side.

Last edited:

ecmst12

Cut down your post by half and put in some paragraphs to make it easier to read and you might get a response.

racer72

The police cited GEICO for failure to yield the right of way.
I read this far and realized that if the rest of your post is this far off base, there is no sense reading any farther. The police did not cite GEICO for failure to yield, they cited the driver of the vehicle. Cut your post down to about 4 or 5 sentences and keep your info factual.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">