• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ClaudioDelcioppo

hello everyone
I have a problem. I am a substitute teacher in alberta,canada. A parent has accused me of assaulting his kid in school. This parent went to the police and I did also to tell my version. The police did not charge me. Since the parent is kind of a nutcase would I suspect him going to court with this? does he have a legal case?
I touched the kid on the leg after he was fooling around in class to get his attention. He was bothering other students around him and he threw something at other students. I called out his name twice but he didn't respond. I then went over and kicked his leg to get him to turn around. His leg was bruised as a result. he played basketball after school the same day. My intent was not to injure the boy. Just to get him to listen to me and to stop fooling around. The police believed me that's why they didn't charge me. Can I expect the parent to pursue this further? what can he do?
Thanx
Claudio

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">