• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lcrice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona, I filed the petition for divorce and now wish to change it, clerk of court said i would need to file a modification of petition, i cannot find the form online. Am i looking for the wrong one? Do I just fill out a new petition? and will i have to wait another 60 days?

Also, my ex has started drinking again and i do not want him picking our daughter up from daycare, what do i need to do to stop it?

Thank you

mistoffolees

Report his drunk driving to the police anonymously.
That won't help since he'll be driving with the daughter before OP knows about it.

I would encourage the child care location to call the mother, the police, and/or CPS if he shows up drunk to get the kids and planning to drive. I don't know if they're allowed to do this, but if they are allowed, I would ask them not to release the child if he appears to be drunk.

If there's a history of this, I would ask for a court order to have a breath tester installed on his car, as well.

garrula lingua

Try the poor person's way to amend your Petition:
Write "First Amended Petition" at the top ( orr just add AMENDED in front of the word Petition).
Submit the complete information on the Petition; put in the correct info in the section you're changing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">