• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons Answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

777twist

Florida...

I received a summons because a property I sold in 2005 was recorded with the wrong building number and so I'm still listed as a record owner. They are now trying to foreclose on the property as the new owner isn't paying any of the condo fees, etc...

Not a huge deal, not like they want anything from me. They just don't want me to have any type of interest in the property where I can collect something. So I'm having an Amended Warranty Deed prepared tomorrow and I'm writing my own Answer to the Complaint. I'm using some template forms and some stuff from the complaint.

My question (sorry it took so long) is the final paragraph, where I wrote:

"WHEREFORE, Defendant, [name] prays that the Complaint filed herein against him be dismissed; for his costs herein expended; and for any and all other just and proper relief"

Yeah, what does that mean? The main part I'm not sure about is the whole "costs herein expended: and for any and all other just and proper relief."

Does that mean, I want out and I should not have any costs applied to me other than those I have outlaid already?

I didn't feel it was necessary to hire a lawyer just to fix my Warranty Deed and file this answer. But that last bit threw me off and I wanted to make sure of what it says.

thanks for any help,
Francesco

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">