• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damaged vehicle claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

birchard7

I have a 2008 automobile that was damaged by a fallen tree. Do I have a right to recover the difference between my cars value before it was damaged and the value after the damage due to the reduced value of owning a vehicle that has had collision work? The car's value according to Kelly's BB is 18,000 and the cost to repair the damage is 6,500.

ecmst12

First, this is not a collision, it's a comprehensive claim. And the only way you would be able to recover diminished value from a comprehensive claim is if your policy specifically and expressly states that it is covered.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Just curious, was there something in the post that would lead you to believe that the OP isn't in the US?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">