• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about rent due

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blueinmi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mi
My husband and I are getting a divorce. We rented a house from my parents
and still owe them rent for several months. I am wondering if my husband will be held responsible for half of the rent that we owe. He claims he shouldnt have to pay for any of it cause its just my parents. Shouldn't this debt be included in our marital debt. There was no lease, but I do have proof of the months that we did pay. Some of the checks were even written by my husband.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mi
My husband and I are getting a divorce. We rented a house from my parents
and still owe them rent for several months. I am wondering if my husband will be held responsible for half of the rent that we owe. He claims he shouldnt have to pay for any of it cause its just my parents. Shouldn't this debt be included in our marital debt. There was no lease, but I do have proof of the months that we did pay. Some of the checks were even written by my husband.
If there is no lease, then there is no legal debt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">