• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How will this affect Encompass car insurance? Please answer thoroughly*

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xafsamx

I got 3 charges for improper passing, failure to signal, and careless driving. This is 8 points. I am 17 and have a provisional drivers license have encompass car insurance. New Jersey

Can I take the defensive driving course to remove 2 points and the probationary driver program to remove 3 more? (I mean can I take both of these courses at the same time or 1 after another to remove the points)?

I know that it might not even matter when it comes to insurance, but will removal of points for certain charges help reduce the amount of money paid?

Say all of these 8 points count. On average, how much will this increase the insurance bill?

Will anything happen to my license besides points added? In addition to this, how much longer will I have to wait to get a GDL (by the way, these incident occurred on 12/24/2009)

*Please answer all of the questions to the best of your ability.*

Last edited:

ecmst12

These are questions you need to ask your DMV and your insurance company. Since you didn't even include your state, we can't BEGIN to guess how this will affect you specifically.

Your insurance will definitely go up. Probably a lot. Probably for 3 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">