• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FenderBender with an Enterprise Rental Car.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HardLuck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Occurred in Georgia, I live in NY.

In August, I got into a minor fenderbender changing lanes at a red light. Completely my fault as I was "following too close". It must have been 5 mph, max, just a bump, and we both drove to a nearby parking lot to check everything out. Unfortunately, the woman driving the vehicle in front was renting an Enterprise Rental. She had to report the accident, and I agreed to pay whatever they may charge, but I took clear photos of all sides of the rear bumper. I was convinced "how bad could it be?"
Just a week ago, I got a bill from them stating $1800. It seems they replaced all these parts, citing even a "spare tire" and cover. I did some research AFTER the fact and now it seems Enterprise is known for swindling their costumers on on damage repairs like these, but it seems to be a hard case since I was not a customer, but rather the person at fault in the accident. The bill also stated the car was out of commission for 8 days, and I was charged for that. Doing some internet searching I found the place they have doing repairs has a history of doing lax work and not being very timely with their repairs. But again, since I was just going through GA that day, I couldn't very well bring it to anywhere I knew of.
So all this, is there any leg for me to stand on to pay just half of this amount since I have explicit photos?

Any help appreciated...

ecmst12

$1800 is NOT a lot when it comes to body work. Ask for an explanation of the charges. I am betting that the spare tire cover was to remove it while doing the work and replace it after. I don't see any possible way of you paying less then what Enterprise paid.

VeronicaLodge

$1800 is NOT a lot when it comes to body work. Ask for an explanation of the charges. I am betting that the spare tire cover was to remove it while doing the work and replace it after. I don't see any possible way of you paying less then what Enterprise paid.
i know people just dont get it, my husband was gently rear-ended once and at first glance, nothing was wrong, the metal bumper was not dented or scratched nor were the tail lights busted, looked like nothing. at closer look we realized the whole thing was pushed in and up just slightly but causing the back hatch not to open. the cost of repair? over 2k.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">