• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some help with a Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brandon`

Michigan.

Well to start off, I was in a Car Accident, I supossivly ran a red light going 68 MPH and struck a car causing someone to be on life support. Now what really went on was I was speeding, Most likely going around 55-60, on a 45. I went through a late yellow and it was raining and pouring badly and right before I hit the light, it turned red and I went through it, It was unsafe to stop, The car went as and creeped up before his light turned green, sped into the middle of the intersection and that resulted in the collision. This was almost 4 months ago and what I need to really know is when can I get my car back? The officer wont release it at all and my insurance doesn't cover rental coverage so these 4 months have been heptic trying to get with 3 cars. Is there a certain amount they can hold my car? The officer says that he will release it once the people are better, The guy is fine now, but the women (passenger) Is on life support but has been there for 4 months so I don't think she is dyeing any time soon. I'm already gonna be charged with all these bogus charges and I just want my car back, I need to know if he can acually hold it this long. He says he will let the insurance company look at it but he has to be there, my insurance company meets him there and he doesn't show up everytime, this has happend 3 times. I need him to release it so I can find out if its totaled or can be repaired so I can figure out what to do about a automobile. Any suggestions or anyone can provide me with information that I can announce to him so he can release my vehicle?

Banned_Princess

Michigan.

Well to start off, I was in a Car Accident, I supossivly ran a red light going 68 MPH and struck a car causing someone to be on life support. Now what really went on was I was speeding, Most likely going around 55-60, on a 45. I went through a late yellow and it was raining and pouring badly and right before I hit the light, it turned red and I went through it, It was unsafe to stop, The car went as and creeped up before his light turned green, sped into the middle of the intersection and that resulted in the collision. This was almost 4 months ago and what I need to really know is when can I get my car back? The officer wont release it at all and my insurance doesn't cover rental coverage so these 4 months have been heptic trying to get with 3 cars. Is there a certain amount they can hold my car? The officer says that he will release it once the people are better, The guy is fine now, but the women (passenger) Is on life support but has been there for 4 months so I don't think she is dyeing any time soon. I'm already gonna be charged with all these bogus charges and I just want my car back, I need to know if he can acually hold it this long. He says he will let the insurance company look at it but he has to be there, my insurance company meets him there and he doesn't show up everytime, this has happend 3 times. I need him to release it so I can find out if its totaled or can be repaired so I can figure out what to do about a automobile. Any suggestions or anyone can provide me with information that I can announce to him so he can release my vehicle?
First of all, do you think the bolded words are real?

Second of all you sped through a red light and put a woman on life support and you think the charges are bogus? I hope you were charged with reckless endangerment and if (god forbid) she dies, manslaughter or vehicular homicide.

you have more serious issues to deal with then your selfish "when can i get my car back"

I cant believe you said "shes not going to die anytime soon" YOU definitely need some jail time.

I bet the lady just wants her life back, and the man just wants his wife back.

you disgust me.

**************************************************************************************************..

Brandon`

Of course i'm selfish because I didn't run a red light. They ran a red light and the case is still being investigated. Obviously if the officer is telling me different storys everytime I call him as of first that they're fine, then they're in and out of the hospital getting better and worse, then she's on life support? And he told me that this whole 4 months that she's been on life support and they haven't taken her off? I came here to ask a question not to get your opinion on what you think about the whole thing, and sorry my grammar isn't to great, I'm not going to sit here typeing for hours and making corrections.

Brandon`

Acually let me tell you one more thing to I don't sound like i'm switching storys. The last sight I had of the light, It was yellow. A camera on that traffic light and at the courthouse on that block show that as soon as I entered the intersection, It turned red and they other group proceeded as they were watching my light and saw that it turned red, so technically, we both ran red lights.

And he told me that this whole 4 months that she's been on life support and they haven't taken her off?
It's the family's business, not yours, whne or if she is taken off life support. You better hope they don't, because if they do, and she dies, you'll be on the hook for it. Matter of fact, you could be on the hook for a very long time if her death sometime in the future is a direct result of this accident.

It matters not what speed you were going. You were driving too fast to control your vehicle. You yourself indicated you were driving too fast to stop.

I don't know what it will take for you to grasp what has happened but you not driving is probably a good thing.

Oh, and it's either "it turned red and I went through it" OR "because I didn't run a red light. They ran a red light" - it can't be both.

ecmst12

You can't both run red lights.

What part of your car hit what part of the other guy's car?

Regardless of anything else, you WERE driving recklessly and will most likely be found majority at fault for the accident. Your attitude will NOT help anything, either the insurance investigation or the criminal charges.

The police can hold your car as long as they need to in order to complete their investigation.

racer72

The last thing you should be worrying about is your car. If the person on life support dies, you are looking at being charged with vehicular homicide. Conviction means a hefty fine and 3 to 15 years in prison. And if they decide to bump it up to negligent homicide, that could mean 30 years. You need to get your priorities straight and talking to an attorney should be the first thing you do.

Brandon`

You can't both run red lights.

What part of your car hit what part of the other guy's car?

Regardless of anything else, you WERE driving recklessly and will most likely be found majority at fault for the accident. Your attitude will NOT help anything, either the insurance investigation or the criminal charges.

The police can hold your car as long as they need to in order to complete their investigation.

My passenger front hit they're driver front. And they're is a 2 second delay on when a light turns red and the other light turns green, once my light turned red they proceeded into the intersection.

Banned_Princess

My passenger front hit they're driver front. And they're is a 2 second delay on when a light turns red and the other light turns green, once my light turned red they proceeded into the intersection.
You are absolutely liable for this accident. I hope you have really good insurance, or your parents really really need to talk to an attorney right away.

Antigone*

First of all, do you think the bolded words are real?

Second of all you sped through a red light and put a woman on life support and you think the charges are bogus? I hope you were charged with reckless endangerment and if (god forbid) she dies, manslaughter or vehicular homicide.

you have more serious issues to deal with then your selfish "when can i get my car back"

I cant believe you said "shes not going to die anytime soon" YOU definitely need some jail time.

I bet the lady just wants her life back, and the man just wants his wife back.

you disgust me.

**************************************************************************************************..
I could not agree with you more!!!! What a horrible example of a human being. I am hoping and praying this is a troll:mad:

I_Got_Banned

Acually let me tell you one more thing to I don't sound like i'm switching storys. The last sight I had of the light, It was yellow.
You are switching stories... here is what you stated in your first post:

it turned red and I went through it
But that is not the only issue here. You were obviously driving too fast for conditions (23mph over the limit while it is pouring rain) otherwise, you should have been able to stop in time either before you went through the intersection OR in time to avoid the accident.
My passenger front hit they're driver front.
So you hit them?

Again, the fact still remains that you must have no conscience if your only concern here is how to get your car out... More reason why you shouldn't be allowed to have it back.

By the way, if your car has been in impound for 4 months, there is a slight chance that you would be liable for more than its worth in storage fees before you can get it out.

Brandon`

You are switching stories... here is what you stated in your first post:

But that is not the only issue here. You were obviously driving too fast for conditions (23mph over the limit while it is pouring rain) otherwise, you should have been able to stop in time either before you went through the intersection OR in time to avoid the accident.

So you hit them?

Again, the fact still remains that you must have no conscience if your only concern here is how to get your car out... More reason why you shouldn't be allowed to have it back.

By the way, if your car has been in impound for 4 months, there is a slight chance that you would be liable for more than its worth in storage fees before you can get it out.
We ran into eachother. If your looking for who hit who, I hit him and there was nothing I could of done to avoid him. Let me explain my point of view, I'm driving in the most right lane, I notice the light turned yellow about lets say 100-150 feet away? I see the guy creeping up on my right already I would say a full cars length past the stopping line and right as I hit the light I see him proceed into the intersection I slam to the left and pushed the gas all the way down to try to avoid the accident put obviously it didnt happen because it seems that he sped up to also, try to avoid the accident. About the storage fees I understand about those I was acually thinking about contacting my insurance company and telling them to refuse to pay a storage fee and it would be billed to me and I would refuse to pay that fee. Would that work? Or would it just make matters worse?

Brandon`

Also, I Got Banned. How much are storage fees per day? I was driving a 2008Mercedes Benz E350 4 Matic. Is they're certain rules about the storage fees being worth more then the car?

Ozark_Sophist

The car is being preserved to be used as evidence against you. If the lady dies, expect at least three years of storage payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">