• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tincey08

W
hat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
sorry have another question. I just found out that my husband just renewed our dental insurance through his work without the family plan just on self. I thought by the order in our divorce papers he can not change any insurance until divorce is done. that will not be until after April 2010 sometime can he do this. I have insurance through my work also, but the benefit for my daughters braces is on his.

LdiJ

W
hat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
sorry have another question. I just found out that my husband just renewed our dental insurance through his work without the family plan just on self. I thought by the order in our divorce papers he can not change any insurance until divorce is done. that will not be until after April 2010 sometime can he do this. I have insurance through my work also, but the benefit for my daughters braces is on his.
That was something that he should NOT have done. Ask the courts to order that he be fully responsible for the cost of the braces since he cancelled the child's coverage.

tincey08

How do I do that ? what kind of form do I use for court on that.Do I contact his lawer and inform him I have no lawer so can i do that myself

LdiJ

How do I do that ? what kind of form do I use for court on that.Do I contact his lawer and inform him I have no lawer so can i do that myself
You can do that yourself, but you really need an attorney if your husband has one. Otherwise you are likely to mess yourself up entirely.

There is also no "form" for that. You have to make your own motion.

Golfball

Is loss of insurance coverage a qualifying event allowing a mid-year change?

You might be able to get your daughter on your plan so you're not out an obscene amount for the braces. (It's not a root cause fix, but it could mitigate the financial hit while the issue winds its way through the court system.)

mistoffolees

Is loss of insurance coverage a qualifying event allowing a mid-year change?

You might be able to get your daughter on your plan so you're not out an obscene amount for the braces. (It's not a root cause fix, but it could mitigate the financial hit while the issue winds its way through the court system.)
That would be a good thing to do.

Bottom line is that there's a chance that OP's ex will end up having to pay for any medical expenses that would have been covered if he had left the insurance in place. However, if OP can mitigate the damages, it would be reasonable to do so.

If OP does this, I would still ask the court to have her stbx reimburse her for any out of pocket amounts and also the insurance payment caused by his violation of the court order.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
File a motion to show cause due to the fact that he dropped the dental insurance. DOMESTIC RELATIONS COURT has an example. Scroll down and you will get to the Motion to Show Cause with instructions> That will give you an example.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">