• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calling back a father after fender bender with son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Radworld

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

I was in a fender bender with a teenager yesterday. Both backing out of stalls at store backed into each other. Damage to the tail light of his car, no damage to mine. We traded names and insurance info and my cell phone. I filed a claim with my insurance company.

Today, I talked to my adjuster today who said it would probably be split 50% between the two companies. My adjuster said she would handle all communication. Then I received a call from the teen's father (I did not take it) who said he "wants to talk about the accident.".

Should I call him back? My feeling is "no" and to let the insurance company handle the communication. Or do I call and for any details he ask do I tell him I have reported to my company and they are handling it.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">