• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do you fight an insurance company?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlcain

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

Hello,
Quick story and question.

On the 1st of Dec. my 85 year father was involved in a non-injury auto accident. The police were called to the scene and information was exchanged. The officers did not file a report and no citations were issued. There were no witnesses at the scene.

The other drivers insurance company(Hartford) is claiming that the accident was the fault of my fathers based solely on the statements of the other driver and are trying to collect from my father.

How do we make them stop or force it to court? It seems that the insurance company can claim it is a debt owed them and as such start collections proceedings, etc that will effect my dad's credit rating, etc.

FlyingRon

What does your father's insurance say about this?

They can't claim anything as a debt until they get a judgement in court.

steel9

Someone has to be at fault. Contact your dads ins co & let them handle it. Dont give in to the hartford. They are nasty. Good-luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">