• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crazy neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

My neighbor called the sheriff on me for a noise complaint. The sheriff came to my door last night and said, "I'm here about a noise complaint, but that doesn't make any sense because I've been standing outside your door for a long time and I don't hear anything." My downstairs neighbors knocks on my door/floor several times a day and wants me to drop everything to help her. If I don't answer the door/floor, she sends me a letter about how my kids are so loud they can't sleep, etc. She sent me one right before Christmas that said my kids were so loud at 10:30 the previous night that they knocked a picture off her wall. I was not even home until after 11 that night, because the kids and I were watching Christmas movies with my mom. She calls the sheriff and children services on all my neighbors constantly, when they don't answer the door or give her something she wants. So, on to my question**************.at what point does this become harassment? Is there something my neighbors and I can do to stop this. My cousin lives next door and she has blocked the neighbors number several times because she calls non stop but the neighbor actually has her number changed just so she can still call! :eek:

Last edited:

TinkerBelleLuvr

Are you in an apartment? If so, have you talked with your landlord about the issue? Also, if this is a problem with all the neighbour surrounding her, maybe you can do a collective complaint to the LL to have HIM/HER deal with problem neighbour.

Are you in an apartment? If so, have you talked with your landlord about the issue? Also, if this is a problem with all the neighbour surrounding her, maybe you can do a collective complaint to the LL to have HIM/HER deal with problem neighbour.
Yes, it is apartments. I just talked to my landlord a little while ago and she said that almost all the neighbors are complaining. She also said that the woman has some kind of disability that makes her act like that. I'm not sure what it is, but she is on SSI for something. My biggest concern is that she cusses at my kids through the floor, and tells them to shut the f*** up. She also cussed at my neighbors 2 yr old grandson. I am not looking to start a war with the woman or anything, but I'm afraid to have her around my kids. My landlord said to call the police if she cusses at my kids again. Do you think the police can actually do anything about it? Should I record it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">