• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

now what??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ptwreck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
Recently i was involved in a car accident. I let my coworker drive my car after our company christmas party where we both had had to much to drink. She ended up crashing my car into a stop sign and now my car is not able to drive. The next day she denied driving my car and says i crashed my own car. I have a ticket and police report that states she was the driver.what can i do to get her to pay for the damage on my car? Also i had no insurance on my car at the time will that affect my case??? Please help me figure out a solution

FlyingRon

If she won't voluntarily report it to her insurance company to see if she has some non-owner coverage or voluntarily wants to reach a settlement with you, you've little chance but to sue her.

Whether you have insurance has little to do with the case. The fact that you may be held partially responsible for being intoxicated and encouraging another intoxicated driver to drive MAY work against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">